Fox News host Tucker Carlson is reportedly about to take a confrontational stance against his employer in an effort to leave his contract early.
Sources close to Carlson told Axios that he is “preparing for war” with Fox News and is ready to shift tactics in his ongoing battle with the network.
Previously, Carlson had reportedly sought a quiet exit from the network. However, now he is said to be ready to escalate the conflict. According to a source, Carlson “knows where a lot of bodies are buried” and is willing to share information if it helps him achieve his goal of leaving Fox News.
Carlson’s attorney, Bryan Freedman, said that the idea of silencing Carlson is “beyond preposterous.” In response, Fox News reiterated its previous statement thanking Carlson for his service to the network. Carlson reportedly spoke to Tesla CEO Elon Musk about working together in some capacity, though no specifics were discussed.
According to former Fox News anchor and podcaster Megyn Kelly, the recent departure of Tucker Carlson, who was arguably Fox News’ most popular host, could put the network in serious trouble. On a recent episode of her podcast, Kelly stated that Carlson was the “only unique draw” that Fox News had prior to his departure being announced by the network.
During her radio program, Kelly alleged that Fox News CEO Suzanne Scott stated that Carlson would not be allowed to continue his show and had been denied access to the company’s email account. Kelly also claimed that Carlson had not actually been fired by the network, citing an anonymous source.
Former Top Fox News host and insider Megyn Kelly reveals Tucker not actually FIRED from Fox yet— This is what's REALLY happening…
— Benny Johnson (@bennyjohnson) April 27, 2023
With Tucker Carlson’s departure, Fox News is “taking away the one unique—truly unique—draw they had,” Kelly added. She also told Sky News that Tucker will likely “exceed” Fox News’ viewership but it will take “a while” for him “to get there.” She added, “It’s a much more authentic, real business model—I think Tucker will thrive.”
Carlson himself released a video on April 26, in which he did not address the situation around his departure, whether he was fired, or the reasons given to him. Instead, he criticized the state of U.S. media in general, accusing news organizations of focusing on trivial topics that have little lasting impact.
Good evening pic.twitter.com/SPrsYKWKCE
— Tucker Carlson (@TuckerCarlson) April 27, 2023
“The other thing you notice when you take a little time off is how unbelievably stupid most of the debates you see on television are,” he said. “They’re completely irrelevant. They mean nothing. In five years, we won’t even remember we heard them. Trust me, as somebody who participated.”
“Where can you still find Americans saying true things?” he asked. “There aren’t many places left, but there are some and that’s enough. As long as you can hear the words, there is hope. See you soon.”
How soon America sees Tucker Carlson return to becoming a leading voice in the news could depend in part on his alleged “war on Fox News.”
"*" indicates required fields
OPINION: This article contains commentary which reflects the author's opinion.